30 fall ill after wedding dinner in Madhya Pradesh

Posted by on May 6th, 2010 and filed under Crime/Disaster/Accident. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Bhopal, May 6 (IANS) At least 30 people, including 19 women and four children, fell sick after eating ‘paan’ (betel leaf) at a wedding party in Madhya Pradesh’s Mandsor district, police said Thursday.

The incident occurred in Kangetti village late Wednesday when the guests at the wedding of Ajju Lala’s sister ate traditional paan after dinner.

Soon the guests started vomiting and were taken to a hospital.

Collector Mahendra Gyani told reporters in Mandsor that a case has been registered and it is being examined whether anything was mixed in the paan offered to the guests.

Categories: Crime/Disaster/Accident
Tags:

Leave a Reply

Advertisement